We are happy to share our 3rd WILLIAM newsletter – this time with many resources for implementing Internationalization at Home and a list of upcoming virtual workshops open to all. We look forward to seeing you on zoom.
COVID 19 Coping for International Offices
Given that many countries are encountering their second and third waves of increased cases and experiencing once again lockdown, this information continues to be timely for international offices to help their students cope.
Erasmus Day: WILLIAM Workshops
• Intercultural Dimensions of Internationalization at Home
• Safety and Security for Incoming International Students
• Understanding Cultural Influences and the Individual Perspectives
• Creating an Information Brochure for Incoming International Students
• Website Creation for Recruiting International Students
• Engaging Students in Virtual International Collaborative Courses
• Course Design for Online International Collaborative Courses
• Virtual Conferencing Systems for Education (Hebrew)
Over this past summer, WILLIAM shared its best practices with institutions of higher education at the HEURO workshop. This year due to COVID-19, the event was run virtually via zoom, with approximately 100 participants. We presented on virtual mobility as a potential alternative to actual mobility based on the WILLIAM initiative.
On November 27, 2020, Prof. Mooli Lahad and Dr. Yael Israel-Cohen will present the WILLIAM COVID-19 Initiative at the IHES Conference. This conference focuses on Internationalization of Higher Education for Society and is organized by Global Impact Institute, Dr. Uwe Brandenburg, a partner in WILLIAM. All institutions are welcome to join, see link to registration here.
For tips on implementing Virtual International Classrooms, take a look at a recent article written by Dr. Yael Israel-Cohen, WILLIAM Coordinator, on institutional readiness for implementing virtual mobility based on the WILLIAM consortium experience.
Virtual International Classroom
WILLIAM Upcoming Zoominars
Write the Right Text for the Right Occasion: Copywrite in English
Basics of theory, common mistakes, effective methods, common practices on social/print/web.
– this is not a seminar on how not to make mistakes, but on how to use language effectively
– learn about the functions of language and utilise them in your texts
– find out how to write concisely, without fillers and redundancy
– distinguish between different styles usable for different media
– internalise tricks to make your texts stand out
7 December 15:00 pm Israel Time
Link to the Zoominar here
Virtual Training Module for Safety and Security of International Students
Including a panel discussion on EU and Israeli Perspectives on dealing with safety of International Students during COVID: European and Israeli perspectives
WILLIAM Erasmus+ Initiative Symposium on Collaborative Online International Courses
We welcome lecturers who are piloting or are interested in piloting this method to join us for peer to peer learning and gathering of best practices.
Click for the zoominar schedule
12 January 2021, 9:00-11:00 am Israel time